One held in false abduction case

Alleged victim-girls found in relative’s house

Published : 20 Nov 2021 08:36 PM | Updated : 22 Nov 2021 12:07 PM

Police on Friday rescued two adolescent girls who were allegedly abducted in broad daylight on November 11 from the municipality area in Savar on the outskirts of the capital, nine days after they went missing. 

However, police said they rescued the girls from their uncle's house at Doulatpur area of Manikganj district, and police did not yet find any verity of them being abducted, during their investigation.

The adolescent girls were identified as Sultana Fiha Mukta, 11, and Bithi Akhter, 14. On the other hand the accused was identified as Jariful Islam, 27, son of Abdus Sattar, hailed from Lalmonirhat district. He used to operate a chicken shop at local kitchen market.

Read more: ‘The show must go on’

Md Mominul  Islam, Inspector (Investigation) of Savar model police station told The Bangladesh Post, “We arrested the youth following the case filed by the victim's family on November 14, but now the victim are saying that they were not abducted, besides the house, from where we rescued them, is one of the victim's uncle's house. However, we sent the victim to the court, and further legal steps will be taken based on victim's statement, which they will make before the court. Meanwhile, Nipa Akhter, plaintiff of the case and mother of a victim is now saying that they came to know that the girls were not abducted; rather they willingly went to visit Doulatpur area of Manikganj hiding the matter to their family, although already she had filed a case against one named and 2 to 3 others anonymous accused. The accused is now in jail as police arrested him soon after the case.

She told The Bangladesh Post, “I feel sorry now as I did not know what actually happened. Bithi's family (Another victim) said that the accused and two other youth forcefully picked them away in a private car, and they witnessed the incident. But, now we have come to know that the house, where they went is bithi’s uncle's house, and my daughter also said the same. I had filed the case following Bithi's family's info as I was not there when the incident took place”, she added.

Police sources said, they did not found any sign or verity of abducting the girls during their investigation.

Earlier, on November 14 police arrested the accused named Jariful Islam, and later produced him before a Dhaka court soughting remand. Court later granted 3 days remand, and afterwards police sent the youth to the jail after remand ended.

Related Topics