Two teenagers electrocuted in Chandpur

Published : 29 Mar 2023 07:48 PM

Two teenage boys died and one other injured after being electrocuted in Purbo Ramdasdi area of Chandpur town on Wednesday noon.

The deceased were identified as Minhaj, 15, and Tamim, 16. Both were the residents of Puran Bazar area in Chandpur town. They were the students of Nuria Pilot High School in the town.

Local people said Minhaj and Tamim were electrocuted around 12:30 pm when a live electric wire fallen on them as they were playing in the area. Hafej Khan, 70, was injured in the incident as he tried to save them. Minhaj and Tamim were brought at Chandpur General Hospital where the duty doctor

declared them dead.

Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Chandpur Sadar Model Thana Mohammad Abdur Rashid said bodies were brought at Thana.