National, Front Page

Trial train run on Ctg-Cox's Bazar likely in Sept

Published : 08 May 2023 09:47 PM

The trial run of train from Chattogram-Dohazari-Cox's Bazar-Gumdhum (CDCG) rail line is expected to begin in September this year.

Project sources said the construction works of CDCG train route is going on in full swing.

The CDCG authority is trying to complete the project before the extended schedule. A total of 86 percent of the project work has already been completed. The construction works of 84 km railway lines of 128 km from Dohazari to Cox's Bazar has already been completed, the sources added.

The constructions works of three railway stations out of nine has been completed. Constructions works more two or three railway stations will be completed by September next while the rest railway stations works is going on in full swing now.

Mohammad Mofizur Rahman, Project Director (PD) of CDCG told BSS that over 85 percent construction works of the project has been completed while the remaining 15 percent construction works will be done by June 2024 next.

BR sources said that the schedule of the project was to be completed in June

2022 and it has been extended by two years until June 2024.

Mofizur Rahman hoped that the trail rail communication will begin by

September 2023 before eight month of stipulated time.

A total of 128 km single line and dual-gauge rail line is being constructed

between Dohazari and Cox's Bazar.

PD Mofizur Rahman said, there all 39 major bridges, 242 culverts, a number of

underpasses, overpasses and laying of 81-km railway tracks, out of 100 km

have so far been completed.

The 128-km route will have nine railway stations at Satkania, Lohagora,

Chokoria, Dulahazra, Eidgao, Ramu, Cox's Bazar Sadar, Ukhiya, and Gumdum.

These stations will have a hundred percent computer-based interlocking signal

system and a fully digitalized telecommunications network.

The new rail line to ensure fast and smooth movement of trains from the port

city to the tourism town Cox's bazar as part of the mega project, he added

A total of Taka 6,034 crore out of Taka 18,034 crore project cost is being

met from domestic sources while the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is providing

Taka 12,000 crore as credit. Two Chinese firms are implementing the project.

Bangabandhu daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina laid the foundation stone

of the project in April 2011, project sources said.