Tourist dies in Cox’s Bazar


Cox’s Bazar Correspondnet

A tourist died from poisoning due to excessive taking of yaba pills in Cox's Bazar. The incident took place on Sunday in the hotel 'Long Beach'. The deceased was identified as Abir Rahman Rumi, 28, son of Mizanur Rahman of Malibagh Chowdhury Para in Dhaka. He came to visit Cox's Bazar with his friends.

Resident medical officer at Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital, Dr Shaheen Abdur Rahman said that on Sunday morning, a man named Muntasir Tahmid Niswargo brought his friend Abir Rahman Rumi to the Sadar Hospital. Excessive consumption of yaba causes poisoning in the patient's body. He died at noon while undergoing treatment at the hospital.

Inspector Operation Masum Khan of Cox's Bazar Model Sadar Police Station informed that Abir's father Mizanur Rahman applied for not to carry out autopsy in the deceased body with the Cox's Bazar District Magistrate. The body was taken to Dhaka last night with the permission of the magistrate following the petition of his father.