School boy electrocuted in Satkhira


A school boy was electrocuted in Kalaroa upazila of Satkhira on Tuesday night. The deceased was identified as Imran Hossain, 9, son of Keramat Ali of Alipur Village under Koyla Union of the upazila.

He was a student of class four of Alaipur Government Primary School.

Locals said, Imran was electrocuted while repairing an electric line of a ceiling fan in his room around 8:30pm in absence of his parents.

He was rushed to Kalaroa Health Complex where the on-duty doctor declared Imran dead.

Being informed, Kalaroa Police Station (PS) Ssub-Inspector Israfil Hossain visited the spot.

Officer-in-Charge of Kalaroa PS Sheikh Munir Ul Gias confirmed the matter. An unnatural death case was filed in this connection on Wednesday morning.