No one found infected

China returnees go home today


The Bangladesh citizens brought back from Coronavirus-afflicted Wuhan in China, are supposed to be discharged today as doctors have not found any symptoms of Coronavirus Covid-19 in them. Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) director Dr Meerjady Sabrina Flora, during a regular briefing on coronavirus at the IEDCR conference room on Friday, said that preparations are underway to release them on (Saturday) February 15.

“The IEDCR so far conducted coronavirus tests on 62 Bangladeshis, as none of them was found positive with Coronavirus symptoms, they would be released on Saturday following health checkup at the hajj camp. They all will get a health card”, she continued, “we are now able to test coronavirus within three hours. Bangladesh is not in the list of most risky countries of coronavirus”.

However, if any fall sick again they will be kept for observation for another 14 days. About the two more Bangladeshis infected with Covid-19, Flora said, the number of Covid-19 infected Bangladeshis is now four in Singapore. Flora said that the World Health Organisation (WHO) is now focusing on Singapore, along with China, for special reasons. “And since Bangladeshi patients have been identified there, we are keeping an eye there as well”.

It is to be noted, after arrival, due to high body temperature, eight of the returnees were sent to hospitals. Later, based on the situation, three more returnees were also taken to hospitals due to suspicious symptoms, but they also tested negative. The government evacuated 314 Bangladeshi nationals by a special flight from the novel coronavirus-hit Wuhan in China on February 1, since then all returnees have been kept under observation in a quarantine zone at Ashkona Hajj Camp as the coronavirus is infectious.

According to global agencies report, China on Friday reported 121 more deaths from the coronavirus outbreak, 116 of which are from the epicentre of the infection in Hubei Province alone, bringing to at least 1,380 the total number of deaths across the country.

The latest toll reflected the removal of some deaths that had been double counted in Hubei, the health commission said. On Thursday, Chinese health officials had already reported 1,367 deaths.