Ivy files attempt to murder case

Published : 05 Dec 2019 09:52 PM | Updated : 01 Sep 2020 07:30 AM

Mayor of Narayanganj City Corporation Dr Selina Hayat Ivy has filed an attempt to murder case with judicial magistrate court in Narayanganj almost two years later of the incident.

Senior judicial magistrate Fahmida Khatun took cognizance the petition and directed officer-in-charge (OC) of Narayangnj sadar model police station to investigate the matter. 

On behalf of NCC mayor, her law officer GMA Sattar filed the case with court accusing nine Awami League and it’s front organisation leaders and unnamed nine hundred to one thousand.

According to the case statement, the named accused are open gun totter Awami League leader Niazul Islam, City unit Awami League joint secretary Shah Nizam who showed fire arms, City unit organising secretary of Awami League Zakirul Islam Helal, City unit Jubo League president Shadat Hossain Shajnu, City unit Shecchasebok League president Jewel Hossain, district unit chhatr League general secretary Mizanur Rahman Sujon, Jubo League leader Jane Alam Biplob, Awami league leader Nasir Uddin and Chanchal Mahmud.

On January 16 in 2018, Dr. Selina Hayat Ivy with her staff and fellows got out from office walking towards Chashara on footpath as no hawker occupy footpath. When Ivy reached Sayeem Plaza Shopping Mall area of Bangabandhu road all on sudden hundreds people attacked her and others with firearms. The attackers gun totter, pelting brick chips and tortured with sticks that 43 people including mayor Ivy and newsman Sobuj were injured. Ivy’s fellow made human shield and safe her from gun totters and other attacker. However, Ivy received brick chips and others tortured she laid on road and became unconscious. She was shifted Dhaka for treatment and even went to Singapur for treatment.

After concluding treatment in home, Ivy filed a case petition to the Narayanganj sadar model police station on January 22, 2018 that was not recorded as FIR.

Ivy filed another application with police super on 7th april 2019 that is not come out any effectively.

City Corporation law officer said that we different time filed application to the law enforcer but we did not get any result. So, we filed the case with court.