Gas cylinder explosion injures farmer in Santhia

Published : 12 Jul 2022 10:56 PM

Farmer named Dulal has lost everything in the fire due to the explosion of a gas cylinder used for cooking in Santhia, Pabna. He is in hospital with serious injuries. Dulal is the son of late Abdus Salam Chaked Pramanik of Gaurigram in Gaurigram union of Santhia upazila. 

The incident took place around 9 pm on Saturday, the day before Eid-ul-Azha. He lost about four lakh taka in the fire. The lost family is now living an inhuman life.

According to local sources, when the gas cylinder accidentally exploded that night, the flames of the fire spread to the house. The fire consumed four tin houses, about a hundred onions, furniture, clothes, blankets and other belongings kept in the house. The family lost about 4 lakh taka. At this time, different parts of Dulal's (45) body including his face and hands were burnt. 

The fire was brought under control by the neighbors and a unit of the Santhia Fire Service. By then it was all over. Dulal was rescued by his relatives and first admitted to Santhia Upazila Health Complex. When his condition deteriorated, he was admitted to Pabna General Hospital.