Four of a family injured in N’ganj fire


Four members of a family, including a five-year-old child, suffered critical burn injuries as a fire broke out from gas-leak in a house at Pagla Chitasha in Fatullah of Narayanganj district in the early hours of Monday, reports BSS.

The injured persons- Abdul Alim, 67, his daughter Sheuly ,36, Juthi ,15, and Tanzila -were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital, said SI of Fatullah police station Quashem.

Resident surgeon of the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital Dr Partha Shankar Paul said the victims are not out of danger.

Police said the fire broke out when Abdul Alim tried to light a mosquito coil at his two-room residence at 5am.

Hearing screams, local people rushed to the house and rescued them after breaking the door.