Country

Farmer’s hut burns to ashes in Tarash


Published : 20 Aug 2022 09:31 PM

A farmer named Abdus Sattar's house, cows, furniture and cash were burnt to ashes in a mosquito coil fire in Sirajganj's Tarasha. The farmer suffered a loss of around five lakh taka.

The fire incident took place at the house of Abdus Sattar, son of Atahar Ali, Paschimpara of Shakuadighi village of Naogaon union of the upazila at around 4:30 am on Saturday 

(August 20).

Local Ariful Islam said about the affected family that farmer Abdus Sattar fell asleep after lighting mosquito coils in his cowshed. Later, around 4:30 am, a mosquito coil caught fire and spread around. At that time, when the neighbors started screaming, they tried to control the fire for about 2 hours. In this, a big cow in the cowshed of farmer Abdus Sattar, living room, refrigerator, TV, cash of 27 thousand rupees and furniture, including about 5 lakh rupees have been recovered.

Md Zahurul Islam, team leader of Tarash Fire Service and Civil Defense Station, said that we were informed about the fire. After receiving the news, we went to the spot and rescued some burnt goods with the help of locals. He also said that a big cow in the farmer's cattle house, living room, fridge, TV, cash worth 27 thousand rupees and furniture were burnt in the fire.