Clicky
Country

Electric rat trap kills farmer in Satkhira


Published : 03 Apr 2024 09:36 PM

A farmer died after being electrocuted in a rat trap at Debhata upazila in Satkhira district recentrly. 

The deceased was Golam Rasul, 45, a resident of Chandpur village in the upazila. 

Relatives of the deceased said that Golam Rasul came in contact with a live wire set up for rat control while he was working in his paddy field near his house, leaving him critically injured. 

Locals, later, rescued him and took to Debhata Upazila Health Complex where the on-duty doctor declared him dead. 

Sheikh Mahmud Hossain, officer in-charge of Debhata Police Station, said the body was handed over to their family as they have no written complaint in this regard.