Elderly man dies from electrocution in Noakhali

Published : 22 Mar 2024 08:34 PM

A septuagenarian  local trader died from electrocution at Sadar upazila in Noakhali district on Thursday morning.

The deceased was identified as Md Nur Islam, 73, a resident of West Souria in the upazila. Locals said Nur Islam came in contact with a live electric after it separated after it caught fire due to a short circuit, leaving him critically injured. He was rescued by locals and taken to Noakhali Sadar Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared him dead. Meanwhile, three of his family members sustained burn injuries while trying to rescue him.

Kabir Hossain, station officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence Sadar upazila unit, said locals brought the fire under control before our personnel reached the spot.