Clicky
National, Front Page

Covid-19 deaths cross 3,000-mark in Bangladesh


Published : 28 Jul 2020 10:57 PM | Updated : 05 Sep 2020 01:11 PM

Deaths due to Covid-19 crossed 3,000-mark in Bangladesh with the latest 35 victims registered on Tuesday.
The death rate stood at 1.31 percent, additional director general for health Prof Nasima Sultana said at the daily bulletin.

In the last 24 hours till 8am, she said 2,960 new cases were registered while 12,714 samples were tested.
The number of cases surged to 229,185. The recovery rate is now 55.59 percent with 1,731 patients recovered during the 24 hours, increasing the tally to 127,414. Bangladesh reported the first death from coronavirus on March 18, and the first case was confirmed on March 8.

Of the latest victims, 26 were men, and nine women.
Of them, 12 hailed from Dhaka, five from Chattogram, four each from Khulna and Sylhet, three each from Rajshahi and Barishal, and two each from Rangpur and Mymensingh.

Twenty-six of them died in different hospitals, eight at home, and one was diagnosed with the disease after death.
Most of the patients are taking treatment from home.

The government has introduced telemedicine services comprising 70 physicians and 20 health workers for round the clock.
As of Tuesday, 1,39,042 people have so far received healthcare services from telemedicine.

Nearly 1,77,10,113 people received healthcare services from hotline mobile numbers and health web portals as the government formed a group of medical professionals to provide emergency health services.

To receive information and treatment facilities on COVID-19, the contact hotline and mobile numbers are 16263; 333; 10655 and 01944333222.