Construction worker electrocuted in Munshiganj

Published : 10 Sep 2021 08:04 PM

A construction worker named Sajib Mallick died of electrocution in Munshiganj Sadar Upazila. The accident took place at around 1pm on Thursday while he was working in Makahati village of Sadar upazila. The deceased Sajib Mallick is from Makhati village of he upazila.

Police and eyewitnesses said Sajib was working on the boundary wall of a house. The wires of the main line of high voltage electricity were hung down along the walls. Sajib got electrocuted around when he accidentally touched the wire and fell into the water. He died on the spot.

Locals complained that the accident happened due to the negligence of the village electricity authority. The high-voltage electric wires hang very low in the area. Despite repeated requests to remove the electrically connected wire, authorities did not take any action. As a result, one person died. Bigger accidents can happen if this wire is not removed quickly.

Shafiul Alam, deputy manager of Munshiganj Palli Bidyut Samiti, said, "We have not received any written complaint about his removal." No one even verbally informed. The accident that happened is tragic. We are looking for how to avoid these sorts of unfortunate accidents. Measures will be taken to prevent any accident in the future. Munshiganj Sadar Police Station Inspector (Investigation) Mohammad Rajeeb Khan said that police visited the scene to contain the situation. Relatives of the deceased did not make any allegations against anyone. They have applied for burial without autopsy. The body was later handed over to relatives.