Students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) on Tuesday withdrew their protests as the university authorities accepted most of their demands. They, however, announced to boycott all the academic activities until the killers are expelled from the university and law enforcers submit the charge-sheet in the Abrar Fahad murder case.
The protesting students made the announcement at a press briefing at the Buet Shaheed Minar around 5:45pm. Agitating students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) on Tuesday announced to boycott all kind of academic activities until the permanent expulsion of Abrar's murderers.
Sayem, spokesperson of the movement, who is also a fourth-year student, came up with the announcement at a press briefing in front of the BUET Shaheed Minar Tuesday evening. He also informed that a mass-oath will be taken today (Wednesday) in participation with the teachers and students against all kind of violence, terrorism and communal ill power.
Sayem said, "As the law enforcement agencies and the BUET authorities are trying their best to ensure Justice to Abrar as well as to meet all of our demands, we decided to postpone protests on the streets. But we will continue our protest until the permanent expulsion of the murders from BUET".
"BUET authorities must suspend all the people involved in Abrar's murder according to the charge-sheet, which will be prepared by the authorities concerned", he added. Addressing the press briefing, Sayem also said, "A group of miscreants are try to achieve their own interest by using the issue of Abrar's murder. But we want to make our position clear that we have no link with them".
Earlier on Friday, the BUET authority primarily suspended all accused in Abrar murder case. It should be mentioned that the students have been agitating with 10-point demand since the day Abrar was killed.