Clicky
Country

7 shops gutted by fire in Noakhali


Published : 31 Mar 2024 09:59 PM

At least seven shops were burnt in a fire that broke out in Noakhali's sadar upazila early Sunday.

The incident took place around 1 am at Mannan Nagar Bazar under Aozbalia union of the upazila.

Later, two units of Maizdi Fire Service Station reached the spot and brought the fire under control after about an hour with the help of local residents. Locals said the fire originated from an electrical short circuit at one Horon's tea stall at Dakshin Bazar around 1 am. Then the fire spread to adjacent shops in the market. Seven shops in the market were burnt to ashes. Noakhali Fire Service Assistant Director Farid Ahmed said being informed, two units of the fire service reached the spot and brought the fire under control after about an hour of efforts. Meanwhile, seven shops were burnt to ashes in the fire.

Initially, it seemed that the fire started from an electrical short circuit. It caused an estimated loss of Tk 8-9 lakh, the official added.