Clicky
National, Front Page

Sinha Murder

3 more suspects taken into RAB custody


Published : 29 Aug 2020 08:56 PM | Updated : 06 Sep 2020 02:07 PM

Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on Saturday took three suspects into custody for a four-day interrogation over the murder of retired army major Sinha Md Rashed Khan.

The suspects are Nurul Amin, Nizam Uddin and Md Ayas of Marishbunia area of Teknaf upzila. All of them were made witnesses in another case filed by police over the killing.

Mokammel Hossain, caretaker of Cox’s Bazar district jail, said a RAB team, led by Assistant Superintendent of Police and investigating officer of the case Khairul Islam took the trio out of jail around 11:30am.

On August 25, Judge Tamanna Farah of Cox's Bazar’s Senior Judicial Magistrate Court-4 granted a fresh remand for four days to the three.

Before that, they faced a seven-day remand ending on August 20 after being arrested by RAB from Marishbunia area on August 11.

On July 31, Sinha was killed in a firing what police said self-defence at a police check post in Shamlapur on Teknaf Marine Drive.

On August 5, Sinha’s sister sued seven policemen including dismissed office-in-charge of Teknaf police Pradip Kumar Das and sub-inspector and in-charge of Baharchara Police Investigation Center Liakot.

Thirteen people including three members of Armed Police Battalion have been arrested over the incident so far with the APBn member giving confessional statements in the court.