At least two persons were burnt to death and four others were injured in a fire at a flat of Shawghat area of Rupganj police station in Narayanganj early on Monday.
The deceased were identified as Rakib, 30, and Shamim, 32. They died in Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Fire service and civil defense sources claimed that the fire catches from gas leakage.
Locals said that the house where fire originated is a mess and bachelors lived there.
The other burn injured are Torikul, Hazrat, Liakot and Ariful now are undergoing treatment in Dhaka Medical College Hospital.