An 11-year old schoolgirl was electrocuted at Halutpara area of Bettila-Mitra Union in Manikganj Sadar upazila on Sunday.
The ill-fated was identified as Farjana Akter, 11, daughter of Sayedul Islam of Halutpara area and a five grade student of Mitora government Primary school.
Police said Farjana of the area came in contact with a live electric wire while he was going to nearby Maktob to study in the morning.
Farzana's cousin, Abdullah Hossain, said an electrical cable of rural electrification Board was fell on the road at any time of last night. Farjana died in the morning on the way to the Maktab from the house, entangled by the rural electricity cable. She died instantly.