RMCH corona unit gets one more ward


Regional Correspondent

Ten more patients died at the Corona unit of Rajshahi Medical College Hospital during the last 24-hours (9 am Friday to 9 am Saturday). 

At the same time, 46 more patients have been admitted to the Corona ward of the hospital, informed Brigadier General Shamim Yazdani, Director of RMCH.

With the newly admitted patients, the total number of Corona patients stands at 365 as against 309 regular beds at RMCH. 

Dr. Abdul Quium Talukder, Civil Surgeon of Rajshahi informed, the rate of number of identification of Coronavirus patients has been decreased during last 24-hour ending Saturday night. 

On Saturday Coronavirus was detected among 113 patients in Rajshahi district by testing 376 samples in two PCR laboratories of RMCH. The rate of identification of Corona in the district has decreased by 13.81 percent with a total of 30.06 percent patients tested positive on Friday night while on Thrusday 43.87 percent patients tested positive and on Wednesday night 41.50 percent patients tested Corona positive.

PCR Laboratory sources informed, a total of 192 were tested positive by testing 663 samples from patients of four districts of Rajshahi division. Of the total positive, 79 are of Naogaon district.

Meanwhile, Brigadier General Shamim Yazdani, Director of RMCH in a press briefing on Saturday informed one more general ward of Rajshahi Medical College Hospital is being turned to the Covid ward. 

The works of installing Oxygen supply line is going on at ward-17 which contains 36 seats and 12 more seats will be arranged in the corridor totaling 48 seats in the ward. He hoped the works of Oxygen supply will be completed within a couple of days and the ward will be used for treatment of Corona virus patients.