Four shops gutted in Sylhet


Sylhet Correspondent

Four grocery shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at Bangla Bazar market in Jaintiapur upazila on Sunday night.

The fire, suspected to have been sparked from an electrical short circuit, broke out in a shop in the market around 8 pm and soon it engulfed four adjoining shops.

Ekhlasur Rahman, Jaintaipur 2 No Union Parishad Chairman, said locals brought the fire under control after about one and a half hours of frantic efforts. The affected shop owners claimed that the fire gutted valuables worth TK 20 lakh.