Fire incident at CU


A fire broke out on the third floor of Art Faculty Bulding of Chittagong University on Tuesday. 

The accident took place at the History Department’s conference room (315) at about 10:30 am. No casualties were reported in the incident. Two fire-fighting units came to the spot and brought the fire under control. Officer-in-Charge of Hathazari Fire Service Abul Kalam said that, the fire originated from the electrical short circuit. Assistant proctor of the university Rezaul Karim told the Bangladesh Post that a projector of the history department and the AC of the room was damaged in the fire. 

It has lost more than 3 lakh Tk.